Saturday, August 24, 2019

DIY Wood Cleaner

The worst thing you could do with wood is use water to clean it. The water can stain the finish of your wood piece or even worse warp the wood. Once the wood piece is warped it is impossible to get the original look back. 
I wanted to share a quick recipe for a DIY wood cleaner that I've been using to clean all the wood furniture that I have received from my grandparents' old house.
In a clean and dry spray bottle I added the following:
½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
½ cup Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Dish Soap
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice

Just take a look at the results. I dusted the entire chair with a dry cloth and then cleaned the right side of the chair with my wood cleaner. You can see how dirty the left side was. 
You can use white vinegar if you do not have apple cider vinegar. And you can use any type of oil as well. 
The vinegar and soap act as cleaning agents while the oil conditions the wood. 
Don't forget to check out my Store for already created items!

See updates and follow MWL Goodies:
Full Website
Store
Facebook Page
Instagram
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment