Thursday, March 14, 2019

DIY Dryer Sheets

For my first DIY blog post, I will be starting off with something easy: DIY Dryer Sheets!

Since I crochet a lot of items that I wear and use around the house, I tend to have a massive problem with static cling. I find that buying dryer sheets all the time begins to become uneconomical, so I have had to find a more practical approach to dealing with my static cling problem.

All you need for this is fabric softener, water, extra pieces of cloth, and an air tight container to hold everything. I use an old pickle jar that holds about 3 cups of liquid. I also crocheted my own "dryer sheets", but you can certainly use any cloth you have around the house or cut an old towel into smaller squares.

 
First I poured 1 cup of fabric softener into the jar.
 

Then I added 1 cup of water and mixed. 
 
 
I use a mixture of 1:1 for the softener and water. But you can experiment with the exact ratio depending on how thick the fabric softener you use is. You just want to make sure that the fabric softener is watered down enough for the cloth to be absorbed easily, but still be opaque. 

Next, I rolled up my crocheted cloth and submerged them into the mixture.


For the cloth I crocheted a few different versions of granny squares with extra yarn I had from previous projects.







No comments:

Post a Comment